Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. It is the perfect spice to include in a nutritious winter smoothie.
- 1 cup almond milk (or hemp milk)
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tangerines, peeled and seeded
- 2 small/medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, agave, stevia)
- 1 cup crushed ice
DIRECTIONS Combine the almond milk, yogurt, tangerines, carrots, turmeric, sweetener and ice in the blender.
Recipe slightly adapted from Real Simple